Health Benefits of Tea
Haven’t we heard people talking about the ill effects of caffeinated drinks?
A cup of black tea will help you not only wake up in the morning but also stimulate your tastes with its rich flavour and essence. Indulging in a cup of tea is a healthy choice as it provides a number of health benefits. Tea has certain properties that can cure a number of illnesses.
Here are some ways in which tea does good to our body. I would like to share some of the benefits of tea:
- Abundance of antioxidants – Tea is rich in antioxidants which are known to prevent various types of cancer. Polyphenols and Antioxidants are highly effective in fighting cancer. They are also known to have anti-aging and anti-cancer properties which can protect us and of course make us look younger.
- Less caffeine than coffee – Tea is said to contain almost 2 to 3 times less caffeine than that of coffee.
- Reduce risk of heart attacks and strokes – Drinking tea is known to help keep the arteries and capillaries smooth and clot free. Drinking two cups of tea per day regularly can help to reduce the risk of heart-attacks and strokes.
- Protects bones – Tea’s beneficial phytochemicals help strengthen and improve bone density. Considering all the factors like aging, body weight, exercise, smoking and other risk factors, it is seen that tea drinkers have much stronger bones than compared to the non-tea drinkers
- Fights Plague – Fluoride and tannins contained in tea can keep plague at bay. It is more beneficial if unsweetened tea is added to your daily food habit
- Immunity Boost – Tea strengthens immunity system of the body to fight against infection. Research has established that tea drinkers have a higher immune system activity in the blood than compared to those who do not drink tea.
- Tea is calorie free – Tea is absolutely calorie free unless you indulge into milk and sugar along with it. Tea without sugar and milk acts as a satisfying calorie free beverage
- Increases metabolism (helping weight loss) – Tea is effective in increasing the body’s metabolic rate, helping in the process of weight loss which in turn gives a healthy and happy life
So, regular tea drinkers are likely to have stronger bones, minimised risk of heart disease and a healthy body. We all know tea works as a stress reliever. It rejuvenates our body and mind. And last but not the least, a cup of tea gives us immense happiness to kick-start a day.